Why does left mouse click register when i press gamepad face button bottom on gamepad?

Hello! I’ve had this issue for quite some time but I can’t find a way to change this. I believe this is set by default from what I’ve read but can it be changed?

Basically whenever I press gamepad face button bottom (or A in xbox controllers) it is registered as a left click, which messes around with my gamepad customizable keybinds and actions that I want to bind to that key in widgets.

Fairly certain that’s controlled by SetInputMode() on the PlayerController. So if you use FInputModeGameOnly, it’ll do what you want, but I think the mouse won’t work on the interface either.

If you need the mouse to still work, then disregard what I just mentioned. You can instead disable the default UI actions on the gamepad. I believe those are stored in the project settings under Common Input Settings, Input Data. You should have a data table somewhere that uses that table definition. If the class name is GenericInputData, then you need to duplicate GenericInputData and the GenericInputActionDataTable. Go into the duplicate of GenericInputData and change the table to the new one for both entries. Then update your table to not cause the accept action. It’s in the GenericAccept row and set the gamepad key to None. You could also try setting Override State to Disabled. I haven’t messed around much with this.

If you want to get rid of all the defaults, just remove the table reference from the two entries in the dupe GenericInputData reference.

Don’t forget to set the GenericInputData duplicate in your project settings.