Why is my decal getting stretched when placed on a vertical surface?

Like the title implies: my decals are barely visible when I place them on a vertical surface. This is a problem because when a pawn gets shot, his blood decal looks extremely stupid and unrealistic if it touches a vertical surface (e.g blood splattered onto a wall)
Any way to fix this?

Notice how the blood on the chair’s legs is not as detailed as it is on the floor; now imagine how it is on a wall…

Any fix for this? Thanks for reading.

Screen borrowed from this amazing tutorial by Tesla Dev:

Reduce the Z scale of your decal as much as you can afford to avoid stretching issues like that.

Hi TheIdesofMay,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thanks, TJ

Hi,

I’m using unreal 4.15 and have faced the same issue which TIM has had. I have followed the instruction and reduced the z scale but it didn’t help much. It gets even worse when I have plenty of actors on my scene and I have to apply one decal on all of them like a bloody scene. It seems unlike CryEngine, Unreal is not just as good in handling decals. After two years I wish there had been a little progress for such a important issue. I think programming this issue is quite simple, by adding an option to the decals which makes the decals to wrap around the actors like a tight piece of cloth, rather than stretching over them. By the way if there is any solution to this using blueprints, I would be so appreciative.

Regards.